Hire Us Today: Let Us Help You Write and Publish the Book Inside of You!
Learn More About What Cannon Publishing Has to Offer You!
OUR EDITING SERVICES
Here at Cannon Publishing Our Service Options Include:
- Strategies on How to Use Your Book to Launch a Business
- Coaching on all Aspects of the Self-Publishing Process
- Your Very Own Writing Coach to Walk You Through the Entire Process
- Access to a Publishing Team to Meet Your Every Need
- Book Cover Design
- Book Editing
- Text Design (Known as Formatting)
- Website Design
- A Blueprint for Your Social Media Marketing Campaign
- A Blueprint for Your Email Media Marketing Campaign
- Marketing Items (Retractable Banner, Flyers, Book Marks; etc.)
- ISBN Acquisition
- eBook Formatting & Submission
- Set Up for Printing
- A Step by Step Guide on How to Write, Publish & Market Your Book
Our meticulous editing and formatting services will improve the strength of your manuscript and ensure that it is well written, free of error, and fully prepared for publication. Whether you’re looking for basic proofreading, substantial rewriting, or comprehensive ghostwriting services, we can tailor our services to suit your manuscript’s needs.
Additional Service Options Include:
- Basic proofreading to correct typos, punctuation, and grammatical errors
- Heavy editing to improve flow, clarity, syntax, and sentence structure
- Critical review and consultation on how to strengthen your manuscript
- Developmental editing to enhance the structure and substance of the text
- Rewriting or paraphrasing
- Ghostwriting original content to fill in the gaps
- Publishing Your Book Via Cannon Publishing
- Book Cover Design
- Marketing Items (Business Cards, Book Marks, Table cloths, Flyers & more)
- Website Development
*We do offer a la carte services however, packages are available as well to minimize cost factor.*
The Difference Between Proofreading & Heavy Editing:
Different levels of editing are like differently sized sieves; they are each designed to catch various problems, ranging from minor errors to major content issues.
This is the most basic form of editing and addresses only typos and objective grammatical errors. Only well-written manuscripts are ready for proofreading.
• Heavy editing
For more in-depth review and revisions, heavy editing includes proofreading for grammar, as well as extensive revisions to improve diction, syntax, sentence structure, flow, style, tone, and transitions. Most manuscripts require heavy editing, though we can adjust our editing and pricing according to your manuscript’s condition.
• Critical review and consultation
These services provide you with feedback and the opportunity to discuss your material with a writing expert. The editor will review and comment on your content and consult with you on how to best proceed with revisions and improvements.
• Developmental editing
If you are looking for input on the creation of your content itself, developmental editing is a form of collaboration between author and editor. Developmental editing addresses larger issues, such as the overarching themes and intention of the book, and includes broader suggestions and revisions to the structure, narrative, character development, voice, style, and pacing. It does not fully address spelling and grammar issues, as this is done significantly later in the process. Many first-time authors utilize a developmental editor to assist them throughout the writing process.
• Rewriting, paraphrasing, or ghostwriting
Sometimes authors require help that goes beyond the scope of editing. In these cases, we offer options for rewriting or paraphrasing existing content, or ghostwriting original content. Our ghostwriting services can be utilized to develop an entire manuscript, or to add content and depth to an existing manuscript.
Here at Cannon Publishing your manuscript will undergo various edits such as the following:
● Copyediting/Proofreading/Basic Editing
This is the simplest form of editing that goes over the basic things of a manuscript: spelling, punctuation, basic syntax, and basic facts. Most of the time this is the final touch to a manuscript after more heavy edits
● Line/Content/Stylistic/Heavy Editing
This is the most commonly used type of editing to help with story and sentence flow, plot holes, and more content related issues, and more involved facts.
●The type of editing we do not provide is: Substantive/Structural/Publish Ready/Developmental Editing which is your line/content edit. Here the editor will do content and copy edits and actually move, delete, add or rewrite entire paragraphs, chapters, and sections of the manuscript. It is almost a hybrid of ghostwriting (where someone else write your manuscript for you) and editing. The range for this type of editing is very broad.
Why we do not offer this option: Here at Cannon Publishing our goal is to maintain the voice of the client (author) and offer assistance on how to properly convey their story. However, we do offer ghostwriting options (see below for specific details.)
What are the pricing options for editing & formatting only? We typically charge $8/page for editorial services as well as $8/page for formatting services as well. Combined with book cover design, marketing items; etc. discounted prices are provided.
WHAT IS GHOSTWRITING?
What is a ghostwriter? A ghostwriter is a writer who author’s books, manuscripts, screenplays, scripts, articles, blog posts, stories, reports, whitepapers, or other texts that are officially credited to another person.
What is the process for ghostwriting? In order to gain a clear perspective of the author’s view we do the following:
- Conduct several extensive interviews with the client to discuss the book
- Have the client create a detailed outline of the book which we will use as a guide in writing the book.
What are the fees for ghostwriting? Our fee for a complete manuscript begins at $10,000 which includes the following:
- Interviews and research to learn all about the client & their book idea
- Planning and outlining the client’s book
- Ghostwriting original content based on interviews and/or research
- Revisions to our writing per the client’s feedback and guidance
- Meticulous editing to ensure text is free of error
- Formatting and typesetting for print-on-demand publication
- Publishing with Cannon Publishing
- Book cover design
- On-call availability to discuss your project and consult with you from beginning to end
What does the ghostwriting process consist of?
Here is the typical ghostwriting process:
- Getting to Know You and Your Publishing Goals: The first step in the ghostwriting process is understanding the author—you! We’ll discuss your ghostwriting needs, personal preferences, schedule, and publishing goals, as well as help you decide what strategy will work best for you and your book.
- Planning: A writer and managing editor will discuss your book concept with you in depth and begin developing a detailed outline of your book.
- Writing and Revisions: The writer will develop 3 to 5 pages at a time, which will then be sent to you to review and provide feedback. The writer will then revise the segment per your preferences and resubmit it to you for review and another round of feedback. We will not continue with the writing process until you’re completely happy with each segment.
- Editing and Formatting: Once the ghostwriting is complete, another editor will review the manuscript and ensure that it is free of grammatical error. At this time, we will also format the manuscript for the applicable publishing outlets (self-publishing, PDF, eBook, etc.).
- Publishing: You do have the option of publishing with us (Cannon Publishing) however, if you wish to seek out a traditional publisher for your book, we will develop your query letter or book proposal and provide you with a list of reputable literary agents to contact.
How long does the ghostwriting process take?
The duration of the ghostwriting process is partly up to you. Depending on your schedule and desired level of involvement, your ghostwriter will develop material for you to review and approve on a weekly or biweekly basis. While every book is unique, on average, a 200-page manuscript will take between three to six months to develop. We can often rush these services for you if you need to meet a specific publishing date. This is being that payments are being made consistently and on time. Reminder: All payments are nonrefundable.
Do you offer payment options? Absolutely! We do ask that for ghostwriting services the client puts 25% down to begin working on the project. (Down payment is $2500). All payments are nonrefundable.